SONet is composed of four working groups that focus on meeting the needs of different user groups, including informatics tool developers, information managers, data providers, and data consumers.
- Core Data Model — by bowers — last modified Mar 05, 2009 12:17 PM
- Observations Catalog — by bowers — last modified Mar 05, 2009 12:23 PM
- Scientific Concepts — by bowers — last modified Mar 05, 2009 12:24 PM
- Demonstration Projects — by bowers — last modified Mar 05, 2009 12:24 PM
- SONet proposal to NSF OCI/INTEROP — by schild — last modified Jul 12, 2009 11:41 AM
- Copy of the NSF proposal to OCI/INTEROP, explaining the need for a Scientific Observations Network. The primary goal is to establish a community of collaborators focused on developing a common core ontology for scientific observational data, in order to enhance the compatibility of ontological representations of scientific data across domains. This effort will increase the potential for greater cross-disciplinary data discovery, interpretation, and integration.